Welcome to Australia's only Vintage Radio and Television discussion forums. You are not logged in. Please log in below, apply for an account or retrieve your password.
Australian Vintage Radio Forums
  Home  ·  About Us  ·  Discussion Forums  ·  Glossary  ·  Outside Links  ·  Policies  ·  Services Directory  ·  Safety Warnings  ·  Tutorials

General Discussion

Forum home - Go back to General discussion

 AWA B29
« Back · 1 · Next »
 Return to top of page · Post #: 1 · Written at 1:39:09 PM on 15 April 2019.
Jimb's Gravatar
 Location: Kanahooka, NSW
 Member since 18 November 2016
 Member #: 2012
 Postcount: 238

This was my latest eBay purchase. Now working well.
Was not working when I bought it for $10.00. Found C25 open circuit audio coupler between VT5
and VT6. This was an 22μF electro type SME orange in colour, there were two other electros of same type although they measured ok I replaced them also because they seem to have a high failure rate. I may be being a little harsh they have been there for 63 years. The radio then worked however it was a bit distorted and drawing between 2 and 3 times the current it should. Replaced very leaky 0.5μF capacitor across speaker and very leaky 0.25μF capacitor across VR1 volume control pot, current now ok. Now working ok. I am having difficulty working on radios now because of my shakes.I keep saying I won't do anymore. However I feel I would be giving in to the problem. Space is also a problem just about at max radio storage. Keep looking at the dining room table, if I got rid of it I could fit in a nice work bench with shelves underneath. I have talked it over with the dog, he is ok about it, not sure how to approach the wife about it. Have asked the dog to mention to it to her, no feedback yet. Will keep you updated.
Regards Jim.


 
« Back · 1 · Next »
 You need to be a member to post comments on this forum.

Sign In

Username:
Password:
 Keep me logged in.
Do not tick box on a computer with public access.